Oregon Beef Prime Rib Roast With Wet Herb Rub
- 10 pound Oregon Beef Rib Roast, Bone-in
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon alder smoked salt (optional)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon, black pepper
- 2 tablespoons, rosemary leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 2 onions, cut into eighths
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place carrots, celery and onions in bottom of roasting pan.
- Make web rub by combining garlic, rosemary and olive oil.
- Season rib roast by applying wet rub. Sprinkle salts and pepper on top of roast.
- Place rib roast on vegetables and place in oven for 20-40 min. or until browned.
- Reduce heat to 325 and roast for 2 hours or until internal temperature of 120 degrees is reached.
- Remove rib roast from pan and tent roast with foil for 20-30 min. before carving.
For Au Jus:
Add 2 cups beef stock and 3/4 cup red wine to roast pan drippings. Bring to a boil, strain and skim fat. Add 2 tbsp. unsalted butter and season to taste.
You may subsitute your favorite dry rub for the wet rub.