Oregon Dungeness Crab Roll with Kiyokawa Farms Apple Salad
Philippe Boulot, Executive Chef, Multnomah Athletic Club
Make 4 sandwiches
For the Crab Salad
- 8oz. Dungeness crab meat
- 1/4 cup celery leaves
- 3 tablespoons green onion, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons carrots, julienne
For the Aioli
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped
For the Apple Salad
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & julienne
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 each, milk bun or hoagie roll
- To make the aioli, in a food processor, add the yolk, mustard and lemon juice, process until fully combined, slowly add olive oil until emulsified. Fold in lemon zest and tarragon, set aside.
- To made the crab salad, combine all ingredients and toss together with the aioli. Season with salt & pepper, set aside.
- To make the apple salad, combine all ingredients and season with salt & pepper.
- Assembly: place 1/4 of crab salad on roll and top with 1/4 of apple salad, this will make 4 sandwiches total.