- 1 bunch fresh Oregon grown kale (about 8 cups, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 12 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Wash kale leaves.
- Dry kale leaves by blotting with towels.
- Tear leaves off the thick stem. bowl.
- Discard stems.
- Tear leaves into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Place in large bowl.
- Drizzle oil over kale and toss to coat well.
- Place kale leaves onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve while hot.
Notes: Try cheese, chili peppers or garlic as seasoning.
Time: Approximately 5 minutes withcleanup plus 15 minutes cooking.
Cost: Approximately $0.70 / half cup serving.
Nutrition: 60 calories per half cup serving (with salt only) high in vitamins A and C, Calcium and Iron