Oven Baked Fries
- 3 large Russet or baking potatoes, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray
- Soak the cut potatoes in ice water for 20 to 30 minutes. While the potatoes are soaking, in a small bowl mix together the nutritional yeast flakes, dried parsley, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Blot the potatoes on a clean towel to remove all of the moisture.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and sprinkle with some of the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer. Bake until crisp and golden brown, about 35 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through.
- Sprinkle with additional seasoning if needed. Serve the fries right away with the dipping sauces on the side.
Creamy Sriracha Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup light eggless mayo (such as Vegenaise)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon sriracha, or to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, sesame oil and sriracha until smooth.
Garlic Ketchup Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup organic ketchup
2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely mined
In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup and garlic until mixed
Copyright 2014 Julie Hasson, www.juliehasson.com