Peanutty Perfection Noodles
SERVES 4 TO 6
This recipe courtesy of Chloe's Kitchen by Chloe Coscarelli: "This is my favorite recipe in the book. Super creamy, slightly sweet, and subtly spicynoodle nirvana."
- 1 pound brown rice noodles
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, chunky or creamy
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roughly chopped, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add brown rice noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Return noodles to pot.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining coconut milk, water, maple syrup, soy sauce, peanut butter, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, and garlic in a medium saucepan. Let cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until sauce comes together and thickens.
- Remove from heat and mix in lime juice and sesame oil.
- Toss hot noodles with the sauce, scallions, and carrots.
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro and serve. Any leftovers can be served warm or cold the next day for a delicious lunch.