This recipe courtesy of The Sexy Vegan's Happy Hour at Home by Brian Patton
- One 10-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, patted dry and cut into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips (12 strips)
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 packed cup baby arugula
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 12 toothpicks
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Balsamic vinegar, for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade (see note below)
- Slather the inside of each roasted pepper strip with a thin layer of hummus and top with a few arugula leaves.
- Tightly roll the roasted pepper strips away from you, making sure that the seam is on top when the rolling is complete.
- Place 1 olive on top of each seam, put a toothpick through the olive and all the way through the roasted pepper roll.
- Arrange the rolls artfully on some sort of fancy tray or plate, and drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with basil.
NOTE: To chiffonade basil (or other leafy herbs), stack the leaves on top of each other. Roll them up tightly into a cylinder, then thinly slice the rolled leaves crosswise into fancy little ribbons.