- 1 boxed cake
- 12 Ounce tub of frosting
- 1 Package of candy melts
- 1 package of sticks
- Bake cake as instructed on box
- Let Cake cool completely
- Crumble cake in large bowl
- Add to crumbled cake 3/4 of tub of frosting
- Mix cake and frosting with hands
- Roll cake mixture in the size of golf balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more
- In a double boiler/mini crock pot/ fondue pot begin melting candy melts. See instructions on candy melts for additional melting hints
- To insure cake pops remain firm during dipping, remove only 6 to 8 at a time.
- Dip cake pop stick into melted candy 1/2 inches and insert into the center of cake ball about half way. Return to refrigerator while inserting sticks in the rest of the cookie sheet.
- Again removing a few at a time, dip cake pop into melted candy covering entire surface. If melted candy seems thick, add approx. 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of oil.
- If sticks begin turning in cake ball, place back in refrigerator to re-cool and try again.
- Let coated cake pops cool standing up. A piece of styrofoam works well.