Bonzo Tacos & Killer Guacamole
These are almost a "believe it or not" recipe. What a surprise that they are so delicious!
- 2- 15 oz cans of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 Tablespoons (or one packet) taco seasoning (or to taste)*
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- A pinch or so of salt if needed (taste before adding)
- 1/3 cup water or more as needed to moisten
- 12 corn tortillas
Suggested Condiments as desired:
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped onion
- Grated low fat cheese (if diet permits)
- Finely sliced lettuce
- Fat free sour cream
- Sliced avocado or guacamole, purchased or home made.(recipe follows)
- Hot sauce if desired
With a potato masher or fork, mash the beans till about the consistency of ground meat (not completely smooth). Add seasoning and liquid smoke, salt if needed, and put in a sprayed skillet. Over medium heat, warm the mixture, adding enough water to moisten well. Serve with tortillas warmed on a dry grill, topped with desired condiments.
This recipe also works well served as a tostada, the base for a 7 layer dip, or just as a bean dip served with baked chips.
*(The heat of the mixture can be regulated by the taco seasoning you choose, or by adding hot sauce.)
Killer Guacamole (Serves 6)
The flavors are simple, and the simplicity couldn't be more divine.
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
Mix all ingredients together. Adjust seasoning if needed and serve with low-fat or nonfat tortilla chips, or as a condiment for fajitas or tacos.