When served with fresh fruit, each of the dips below, make a healthy, nutritious and delicious snack option for the after-school gang. Pretty tasty for adults, too! (And SO quick and easy!)
Apples and Bananas with Peanut Butter Cinnamon Dip
This creamy dip is perfect with crunchy, juicy apples and smooth bananas. It's a great midday snack and helps sneak in loads of healthy fruit to your diet. It's also a delicious after-school snack for your kids.
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 3 apples
- 2 bananas
Combine vanilla, peanut butter, and cinnamon and stir until smooth. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Just prior to serving, core and slice the apples and peel and slice the bananas. Serve fruit on a platter with dip.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese
Wonderful on bagels, breads , crackers, or as a fruit dip.
- 1 (8-ounce) package nonfat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons pured pumpkin
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Orange food coloring, optional
In medium bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. If desired, add a touch of orange food coloring to achieve deeper color. Refrigerate until serving.
Orange Sunrise Fruit Dip
Rather than masking the flavor of fresh fruit, this dip brightens and complements a wide variety of fruit.
- 2 cups nonfat sour cream (or 1 cup nonfat
- vanilla yogurt and 1 cup nonfat sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, or to taste
Mix ingredients together thoroughly and refrigerate. Serve as dip for fresh fruit or as a dressing for fruit salad.
GARDEN RANCH DIP
This dip is like a little veggie tray packed inside a dip for added texture and flavor. It also doubles as a great nonfat sandwich spread.
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch dip seasoning mix
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated carrot
- 2 Tablespoons peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 Tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt (or to taste)
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.