Lemon Ricotta Cookies
Soft and tender with the fresh tang of lemon. CarefulThey disappear too easily!
- 1/3 cup butter substitute
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or egg whites
- 15 oz. fat free or low fat Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 T butter substitute, softened
- 3 c. confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 3-4 T. lemon juice
- Coarse decorating sugar, (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine butter substitute and sugar in bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. Add egg substitute, Ricotta, lemon extract, zest and juice; blend well. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well
Drop about 2 Tablespoons dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets (cookies will spread). Bake until cookies edges are set when tested in the middleabout 8-10 minutes. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for a few minutes and transfer to wire cooling rack.
While cookies cool, prepare glaze by creaming together butter substitute and powdered sugar. Continue to mix, gradually adding juice until desired spreading consistency. Decorate cooled cookies, adding dragees or decorating sugar, if desired, before icing sets.