Strawberry Cloud Parfaits
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese or fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup fat free 1/2 & 1/2
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1- 3.4 oz box (4 serving size) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1- 8 oz tub fat free whipped topping, thawed
Put all ingredients except whipped topping, in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer till very smooth and well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the parfait ingredients.
- Crush enough low fat graham crackers to make 1 cup fine crumbs
- Mix with 1/4 cup granulated white sugar. Set aside.
- 3 cups stemmed and diced strawberries
- 6 Tablespoons of sugar or equivalent artificial sweetener
With a food processor or stick blender, puree the berries with the sugar and set aside.
Sour Cream Garnish:
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar or equivalent sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients till well blended. Set aside.
Optional: 1 cup slivered almonds, roasted at about 300 degrees for 5 minutes or so. Watch carefully to avoid burning. Cool completely.
Optional: 8 coarsely chopped vanilla merengue cookies. (Can be easily obtained in many grocery stores, especially the specialty ones.)
Whole strawberries to top each parfait
In an individual serving dish or goblet, put about 1 teaspoon of the crumbs; then a small sprinkle of almonds and merengue bits, if using, then a spoon of berry puree. Top this with a dollop of the cream mixture and repeat this for 3 layers. Sprinkle with a few crumbs, nuts and merengue bits and a drizzle of berry puree. Top with a dollop of sour cream mixture and a whole strawberry as garnish. Can be refrigerated for a several hours or served immediately.
These layers except sour cream and whole strawberry, can be put in a pie plate or even in the individual parfaits, and frozen. Remove from freezer for about 15 minutes to soften slightly before serving. Add the sour cream and whole berry before serving.
This can also be layered like a trifle using thin slices of a low fat yellow cake. Top with the sour cream layer and garnish with strawberries and additional roasted almonds if desired.
Another serving suggestion is to serve all ingredients on individual slices of angel food or low fat yellow cake.
In summer, when peaches and other fruits and berries are abundant, I sometimes like to make a mixture of the fruits to serve in the parfait layers , the trifle or topping the cake slices.