TACO SALAD WITH SALSA DRESSING
The nonfat dressing has a vibrant and lightly sweet flavor, turning this salad into something unique and delicious.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast or
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey breast, browned and cooked through
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 11/3 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cooked black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion , diced or thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chopped hearts of romaine
- Julienned jicama for garnish
- Several baked tortilla chips, coarsely broken up
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red salsa
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Whisk vinegar, salsa, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper together and set aside.
In bowl combine chicken or turkey breast with taco seasoning and toss to coat evenly. Add rice, corn, beans, tomato and onion. Place lettuce in large serving bowl or individual bowls. Top with chicken mixture and spoon dressing over.
Garnish with tortilla chips, additional red onion and some jicama.