Yummy Baked Mini Donuts
Makes about 3 dozen mini donuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or egg white
- 2 Tablespoons canola or extra light olive oil stored in air tight containeri
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon non fat milk
- * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (or flavor of choice)
Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini muffin pan.
In a large bowl mix the sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add eggs, milk and oil. Beat well.
Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour, beating until well blended.
Using a pastry bag or spoon, fill each donut cup 1/2 full with batter.
Bake 4-6 minutes or until springs back when gently pressed. Don't over bake.
Remove from oven and cool a few minutes, then turn out on rack to finish cooling.
These can be made the day before serving if stored in air tight container. They can also be frozen for a week or more if sealed well. Bring to room temperature before serving.
When ready to serve, dip in glaze and put on rack to drip, or dip in topping then put on rack. Refer to instructions on Pumpkin donuts for the Donut Party Bar.
1/2 tsp. maple, lemon, or a few drops of peppermint.
- Finely chopped pecans or other nuts
- Finely chopped coconut
- Cinnamon Sugar or Powdered Sugar Use these without dipping in Glaze