Spicy Tuna Hand Rolls from food blog: "Margaritas in the Rain"
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1/2 pound sashimi grade ahi (yellowfin tuna)
- 2 tsp sriracha-style sauce
- 2 T mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 T thinly sliced green onion
- Roasted sesame seeds
- 5 sheets nori, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cucumber, sliced into spears
Begin by mixing the sushi rice. Mix the vinegar into the rice, and mix gently until evenly combined. Set aside.
Dice the ahi into cubes. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sriracha sauce, mayo, sesame oil, green onions and sesame seeds. Mix well. Taste test and add more sriracha if desired. Then carefully fold in the ahi, and mix until evenly distributed.
Build the sushi by stacking a small scoop of rice, spicy tuna mix, and a cucumber slice onto nori sheet in a diagonal line (use picture above for reference). Roll into a cone (using the top of the tori as the cone point) and enjoy!