- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 3oz box strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temp
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- For the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With electric mixer, beat cake mix, gelatin, oil, strawberries and 1/2 cup water until fully combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove from pan when
- For icing: Blend butter, sugar and strawberries until smooth and creamy.
This may take a few minutes depending upon the temp of the butter. Icing
will be runny and not as firm as most icing.
- Poke holes in cupcakes and spoon icing over cupcakes allowing some to seep
- Add 1/2 strawberry for garnish.