This recipe courtesy of The Sexy Vegan's Happy Hour at Home by Brian Patton
- 12 medjool dates
- 1 English cucumber, peeled
- 12 whole roasted unsalted almonds
- Smoked sea salt or regular sea salt (optional)
- With a paring knife, make a lengthwise slit in eat date, being sure not to cut all the way through. If the dates have pits, remove and discard them.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave a long flat ribbon from the cucumber. Rotate the cucumber and then shave another ribbon. Repeat shaving and rotating the cucumber until you have 12 ribbons, each about 3 t0 4 inches long.
- Wrap/roll each ribbon around 1 almond. Stuff each cucumber-wrapped almond into a date.
- If desired, sprinkle the stuffed dates with smoked sea salt, if you have it, or regular sea salt.