Sweet Potato Fries from Superfoods for Life: Coconut by Megan Roosevelt
Baking is always a healthier cooking method than frying. Instead of being deep-fried in animal fat, these fries are baked in coconut oil. They are simple to make and help you enjoy yummy food like French fries while following a heart-healthy diet. Yield: Serves 2
- 1 medium-size sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) organic, raw, unrefined coconut oil, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius, or gas mark 7).
- Slice the sweet potato into link skinny matchsticks.
- Place on a baking sheet and evenly coat with coconut oil, tossing to combine and then spreading out in a single layer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crispy and crunchy. Serve immediately.