Texas Rio Star Grapefruit Tabouli Salad
This recipe courtesy of TexaSweet Citrus
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 2 large Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup tabouli, cooked according to directions
- 1 large avocado, diced
- A small bunch cilantro, minced
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3 tsp. grapefruit juice
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 5 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Make tabouli according to package directions and set aside.
- Place black beans, red onion, grapefruit sections, cilantro, bell pepper, avocado and corn in a large bowl. Toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Add tabouli to black bean mixture and pour dressing over.
- Toss well and serve with grilled fish or chicken.