The Original's Dungeness Crab Cakes
- 1 lb. Dungeness crab meat
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small Yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 bulb fennel, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 stalk celery, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp parsley, minced
- 1 tsp chives, minced
- 1 tsp tarragon, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
In a small saut, sweat the vegetables with the olive oil until tender.
Combine with the remaining ingredients and form into 2 ounce cakes.
Pan fry in a little olive until golden brown.
Blood orange hollandaise - makes 1 cup
- 3 egg yolks
- zest and juice of 1 blood orange
- 1 cup butter, clarified and melted
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
In a small deep mixing bowl combine egg yolks, zest and 1 teaspoon of blood orange juice.
Place the bowl over barely simmering water in a small sauce pan. Whisk constantly until thickened.
Remove from heat and slowly add the butter. Adjust consistency with the juice and season with the salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.