White Chicken Stroganoff from The Real Food Cookbook by Nina Planck
1 large chicken
2-3 shallots or 1 onion
1 large bunch of dill
3 cloves garlic
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 c dry white wine
1 1/2 c sour cream or crme frache
1/2?1 c chicken stock
salt and pepper
1. Poach the chicken. Drain it, reserving the stock. Reduce it further, by about half.
2. Shred the chicken meat.
3. Dice the shallots or slice the onion long and thin.
4. Chop the dill to yield a generous cup.
5. Mince the garlic or smash it in a garlic press.
6. Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the shallots or onion and saut them until they are half-soft.
7. Add the garlic.
8. Add the wine and reduce the liquid until most of it is gone.
9. Add the shredded chicken and the chopped dill, reserving a bit of dill for a garnish. Stir briefly to coat.
10. Add the sour cream or crme frache. Stir well and thin with chicken stock to taste.
11. Simmer for about 5 minutes and then let it stand.
12. Season and top with the reserved dill.