It's a quick and easy sweet for your sweetheart! It's also a great way to introduce kids to cooking. Lifestyle Connoisseur Ken Hoyt shows us how to truffles just in time for Valentine's Day!
Super Simple Chocolate Truffles
Time: 10 minutes, plus at least one hour’s chilling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Unsweetened cocoa powder as needed.
- A variety of sugars and sprinkles
- Microwave the cream in a glass container, first for 30 seconds, then for 15 seconds and again for 15 seconds.
- Continue only until the cream steams.
- Add the chocolate to the cream and stir until the chocolate is completely dissolved.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours until the ganache is completely set.
- Scoop the ganache is tha teaspoon (or larger if you wish). Roll into into balls and set aside. You can re-chill the truffles if they become too soft.
- Roll the truffles in your sugars and sprinkles.
You can substitute milk or white chocolate for the semi-sweet. Drop the amount of cream to 3/4 cup, and proceed with the recipe.
© Ken Hoyt 2017.