Interior Designer, Lora Coburn, is also a master DIY'er! She stopped to show three easy projects you can make this weekend -- all under $20! Lora says all three make great hostess gifts.
You'll find more great ideas from Lora on her Coco Designs blog.
1. Hand Stamped Linens
- Take premade tea towels and cloth napkins from the craft or second hand store and customize them with hand stamped designs.
- Simply put fabric paint on a stamp and stamp the fabric any way you like.
2. Paper Mache Catchall Bowls
- Make all different shapes and sizes for your bedside table, bathroom, or front door catchall.
- Place newspaper strips on an inflated balloon and glue down with Mod Podge. Repeat until the bowl is the shape you want.
- Let dry completely before removing bowl from balloon. Trim edge with scissors.
- Paint optional
3. Fabric-wrapped Candles -- a perfect project for using up your material scraps!
- Cut fabric to fit around candle. Leave a little overhang for the bottom.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach ends of fabric to candle
- Trim bottom.
- Make sure you are in the room when you burn these. They are a potential fire hazard