Laure Redmond, self-esteem coach, shared some tips that can be helpful.
The law of Karma explains that for every event that occurs, there will follow another event caused by the first. This second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according to whether its cause was beneficial or harmful to others and/or oneself. Karma is all about cause and effect. This means that every single thing that happens to you - good and/or bad - is caused by your own actions, thoughts, choices and behaviors. Laure Redmond, self-esteem coach, joined us with her favorite ways to cultivate good Karma:
- Always Follow the Three R's: Respect for Self, Respect for Others, Responsibility for All of Your Choices and Actions
- Live Simply: Create a loving home; this is the foundation of your life. Chatchkas, and brand names really don't matter!
- Shut Up: Keep your mouth shut during difficult and public break ups.
- Share Your Knowledge and Your Unused Clothes Right Now: "Someday" doesn't exist, there's only today.
- Create "quiet" "meditative" "reflective" Time with You Each and Every Day.
- Listen to Loved Ones: Don't defend or react, simply take in 'their' reality with an empathetic, loving, kind mindset.
- Good Manners and Proper Etiquette Matter! Saying good words, thinking good thoughts and doing good deeds really do make a difference.
- When You Realize You've Made a Mistake, Own it!
- Expect Nothing from Anybody: This includes your parents, spouse, neighbors, friends and children!
For more information on mind-body health, visit Laure's blog.