Professional Organizer, and author of "From Frazzled to Freedom", Julie Starr Hook shared ten tips for getting organized before the holiday rush!
- If you do a lot of baking during the holidays, make sure to stock up on baking items now. That way you aren't having to run around at the last minute to get those items.
- Get out your wrapping supplies and do an inventory. Do you need more paper, bows, boxes, ribbon or gift tags. If so, make those purchases now.
- If you do a lot of entertaining over the holidays, identify the platters, glass wear, etc that you may use and determine if you have enough.
- Check out your wardrobe for appropriate party clothes. Consignment stores are a great place to purchase items that you don't need to wear often and cost less than department stores.
- De-clutter the areas of your home where you want to put holiday dcor. This will make decorating much easier.
- Shop for a couple of generic gifts to have on hand during the holiday. These are handy for those unexpected gift exchanges. For great ideas, click here.
- Pick a place in your home to store gifts. De-clutter that area, if needed.
- Go through your holiday dcor and get rid of anything you haven't used in years or things that are beyond repair.
- Start compiling your address list now if you decide to send cards.
- Mark your calendar now for those important dates such as work parties, etcDon't forget to mark days for shopping and wrapping.
For more information on getting organized, visit Julie's website.