Roughly 10% of the population believe they may have been contacted by a departed loved one in a dream. Someone from the other side, talking to them in a dream. Gillian Holloway, Ph.D., an author and dream researcher, joined us to share some of the results gleaned from her 8 years of research into after life communications. She says it is common to dream about someone you have lost, but dreams that seem like visitations are entirely different. Here are some of the ways these dreams are different:
- Timing - sometimes they happen at the time the person is passing away - before there is any knowledge of the passing.
- Shared experience - family members visited by the same person on the same night.
- Relayed messages - people dream of being asked to relay a message to someone special, these dreams repeat until the message is conveyed, and sometimes more than one person is asked to relay the message.
- Weird evidence - often there is a coincidence the following day, sometimes there is a fragrance in the room.
- Hyper-reality - the dreamers say these dreams are more real than other dreams, and sometimes more real than regular life.
- Special help - some dreamers report getting advice and help from these visitations that is life changing or prevents harm.
She as two upcoming events on this topic:
Sunday July 27 at 1:00 p.m. at New Awakenings Bookstore in Battle Ground
Sunday August 3rd at 11:00 a.m. New Renaissance Bookshop in Portland
For more information on Gillian's book events or her research, visit her website.