Personal Stylist Holley Shepard is a pro at helping women dress to look slimmer. She stopped by to help us camoflage our midsection.
Most women have a little extra upholstery around the midsection - the vast majority of my clients get dressed with this reality in mind. To help create a long, lean silhouette, here are a few tricks to try:
- Shirts and dresses with ruching (gathering of fabric) on the sides of the garment
- Wrap or faux-wrap shirts and dresses
- Tidy, well-fitting jackets and cardigans do wonders for a body and an outfit
- Pants and skirts with wide waistbands settle nicely on the hips and don't dig in to the waist
- Last, and certainly not least, clothes that fit well flatter every body type - always invest in alterations and tailoring