Makeup Artist and Beauty Blogger Kendra Stanton stopped by to help us save money on beauty products. She showed us how one drugstore brand stacked up against her favorite high-end products.
You'll find more great beauty tips on Kendra's blog, Citizens of Beauty.
Everyone knows I am a beauty product snob, so it's nice when I can recommend products that aren't going to break the bank, are good for your skin, and are going to give you a similar look to high-end makeup. Today I am going to show you some over-the-counter products that will give you similar results to makeup that is high end.
These are the High-End Products used on half of my model's face:
- Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation-$55.00
- Chanel Eclat Lumier Concealer: $40.00
- Nars Blush: $29.00
- M.A.C Bronzer: $24.00
- Makeup Forever Aqua Cream: $23.00
- Makeup Forever Aqua Shadow and I used 2 of these: $20.00
- Lancome Black Liner: $26.00
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Mascara: $19.00
- Clay De Peau Lipstick: $55.00
Total for the high-end look: $311.00
These are the drugstore products used on the other half of my model's face:
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 20: $12.49
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF: $11.99
- Neutrogena Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer: $11.49
- Neutrogena Crease Proof Eye shadow: $8.49 and I used 3 of them.
- Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Liner- $7.49
- Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara Regular- $7.49
- Neutrogena Smooth Color Stick: $8.49
Total for the drugstore look: $84.91