Makeup Artist Kelly Peach says false eyelashes are becoming more common for everyday wear and are easy to apply too. She stopped by our studio to share her step-by-step tips.
Giving your eyelashes a great curl or individual false lashes can make a huge difference. Sometimes we are scared to use them, but they are so easy. Here are a few steps to help you:
Make sure to curl your lashes when they are clean, before applying mascara or the false lashes.
- Open the eyelash curler and rest it the base of the lashes.
- Close and hold for 15-30 seconds and open.
- Now, take a dot of your eyelash glue and apply it to the back of your hand.
- Allow it to dry a little so it becomes tacky.
- Take a pair of tweezers and grab an individual eyelash.
- Dip the eyelash end into the glue and apply to root of your natural eyelashes -- not on your skin.
- Add as many as want for your desired look.
When choosing a size for indiviual lashes most lashes have 3 sizes in a packet. Using the small and medium sizes are best for a natural look and using the large size is for a more dramatic look
Products Kelly used:
- Eyelash curler-Shu Uemura
- Eyelash Glue-Ardel white glue
- Eyelashes-Velour cluster lashes