Fitness Champions Jacque and Jacy Johnston joined us to prove that fitness really can be fun! They showed fun ideas for how to get kids moving.
1) WARM-UP; (cardio endurance - good for tummy muscles too) Hula hoop - "Start them young & keep it fun"
2) FLEXIBILITY; Stretch while muscles are warm
- 2a) Row-the-boat -middle splits (with Jacy to demonstrate, then Dave. Jacy will do on her own as I work with Dave). Sure to get lots of smiles & giggles!
- 2b) Banana boat (build up to it) - more fun & giggles!
3) BALANCE & COORDINATION: Again progressions;
- Start with plank alone; insure understands how to hold their own weight & proper technique; straight arms & tight core/ "tummy muscles"; Wheel barrow; with Jacy first & then with Dave
- 4a)push-ups; I will start as I did when she was a baby by kissing her; then Jacy does her own to the side of me; then Jacy does them on my back
- 4b) Leg presses; with Jacy