For more information about Doctor Janet Page, PhD, and her book "Get Married This Year," check out her website.
What singles should know as they look for love:
- Give the message you've got time for a good marriage. Harried is not a good date look. You need to be relaxed and ready for a date to seem eligible for courting and mating
- A date is not your therapist, priest, or rabbi. This is no time for dumping your problems or true confessions
- Fill out the Spouse Shopping List and apply it (page 29-31)
- Wasting time is number one love block. Please don't have another cup of coffee with someone who is not a possible keeper
What all couples should know to keep love alive:
- Keep the bait on the hook. What lured your mate will keep him or her happy and is an implicit vow. The way you treat your love before marriage is a promise you need to keep
- Character assassination is not foreplay. It is hard to kiss the lips at night that chewed you out all day long. Anger is not necessary and is unproductive.
- Love is an action verb. You can't feel in love every moment but you can act loving. Your behavior can help your in-love feelings return.