Makeup Artist and Beauty Blogger Kendra Stanton says she has the perfect solution for those of us who don't want to go all-out for Halloween but still want to get in the spirit -- makeup! Kendra stopped by to show us her tricks.
You'll find more makeup tips and tricks on Kendra's Citizens of Beauty blog.
Halloween is right around the corner, and if you are like me, you probably aren't going to get decked out in full-blown character attire. But just because you don't want to dress up like Minnie Mouse doesn't mean you want to look boring on Halloween either. So here are some fun, look-altering ideas, that are perfect for Halloween, but not entirely over-the-top.
- Dress your eyes up with fantasy lashes that will make your eyes noticeably pop. There are so many fun ones in all different shades; you can even get some with feathers!
- Make your eyeshadow glow in the dark with Makeup Forever, Fluo Night. You can add this to any eyeshadow, and when the lights go out, your eyes will be fluorescent and shining. If you don't want to have glow-in-the-dark eyes, using a fun eyeshadow that is a bold color choice or something with sparkles is always a home run and really Halloween-ish.
- Get creative with your nails by adding in some fun Halloween nail art. If you aren't the nail are type (like me), using a pre-made nail polish strip is the way to go.
- If you really want to do something fun, try fantasy contacts. You can get ones that resemble bird eyes, or are completely black. You could even try some that are in a different color than your natural shade.
- Alter your appearance with a wig! If you are blonde, go brown for the day! If you want to be a red-head, give it a try!