Let Them Be Eaten by Bears is Peter Brown Hoffmeister's inspiring guide to helping kids enjoy nature and appreciate the great outdoors. Peter shared tips for comfortable fall camping no matter what the weather, including how to get a great night's sleep! Let The Be Eaten By Bears offers an approachable, fun reintroduction to hiking, camping, and all-around exploring that will help parents and kids alike feel empowered and capable. Whether you're a veteran outdoors person, a first-time hiker, or anything in between, get ready to put on your sneakers, turn off your video games, and rediscover the simple, powerful joy of going out to play.
Five Summer Camping Tips:
1. Go somewhere near water
2. Bring enough clothing and sleeping bags to sleep warm
3. Don't try to stay clean (dirty is more fun)
4. Take fewer things (If you overpack, you'll never use all you take)
5. Play group games (Kick-the-can, wiffleball, soccer on the beach, etc.)
Three Things to Avoid:
1. Locations known for high mosquito counts 2. Holiday weekends at popular campsites 3. High-cost campsite
Let Them Be Eaten By Bears was a Parents Magazine selection for Best Books Of 2013.