Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be an Oregon or SW Washington resident 18 years of age or older and reside in the KATU-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KATU-TV (the "Station"), Disney ABC Domestic Television, Standard TV and Appliance, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish.
(b) From February 18 to February 21, 2014 (the "Contest Period"), viewers will be asked to watch AM Northwest, which airs Monday through Friday on KATU-TV channel 2 from 9:00am PST to 10:00am PST, and watch for the "Question of the Day". Viewers will be prompted to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times during the AM Northwest program. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for qualifying will be announced (e.g. first caller with the correct answer).
(c) One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
(d) There will be one (1) qualifier selected each day during the Contest Period in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited, for a total of four (4) qualifiers. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
(e)On Friday February 21, 2014, one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among valid qualifiers.
(f) By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestant's telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. Four (4) qualifiers will be selected. Each qualifier will receive a "LIVE" prize/gift bag containing LIVE with Kelly & Michael t-shirt, coffee mug, water bottle, hat and reusable bag, valued at $30.00. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, California to attend LIVE's "After Oscars Show". The trip package includes round trip coach airfare for two (2) between Portland and Los Angeles, hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (standard room, double occupancy), pre-tipped car service to/from LA area airport/hotel, a $250.00 Visa Gift Card, and two (2) VIP tickets to the LIVE "After Oscar Show" . The prize is subject to airline and hotel standard terms and conditions. Winner and guest must be able to travel March 1-3. 2014. Taping schedule subject to change. The Station and sponsors are not responsible in the event the flight is cancelled or postponed. Alcoholic beverages and gratuity are not included. Photocopies of the hotel gift certificate will not be permitted or redeemable. Hotel certificate may not be transferred for value, cash, or applied to any other account, except to the extent required by law. Certificate holder must indicate his or her intention to pay for a stay/meal using the hotel certificate at the time a reservation is made and must present the certificate at check in/seating, together with a credit card to pay for any additional charges accrued. The winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. The trip is subject to reservation, and must be taken between March 1, 2014 and March 3, 2014. The trip package does not include any other meals, beverages, other transportation, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees, excursions, entertainment and other activities at or arranged by the Resort, hotel room service, laundry service, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls or service charges, or any other expenses
2. Qualifiers will be notified at the time of their calls. Winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, qualifiers and winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Qualifiers and winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. Children under 10 years old are not permitted. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner's release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Qualifiers and winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the qualifier prize within 3 days will constitute forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the qualifier prize will remain the property of Station. Another qualifier will not be selected. If the winner cannot be notified within 2 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid qualifiers.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each qualifier and winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner's failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of qualifying depend on the number of correct entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received. Odds of winning are 1 in 4 qualifiers.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KATU-TV, 2153 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97232 and on the Station's website at www.katu.com.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, Disney, ABC Domestic Television and Standard TV and Appliance accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.