It's not a stretch to say that Portland's own Michelle Macy is one of the most accomplished marathon swimmers in the world -- but she's so modest that even some of her own co-workers don't know.
Michelle stopped by to tell us more about what it takes to be a world-class marathon swimmer.
Here are just some of the records Michelle holds:
- 1st (and still currently the only) person to swim from Revillegegado Island to Prince of Wales island in Alaska.
- Broke the 25 year old record for fastest crossing of the North Channel between Northern Ireland and Scotland this past year. Has the fastest time overall for men and women.
- Fastest American (male or female) for the Channel Swimming Association (English Channel crossing) in 2007 and 2012.
- Part of a Guinness World Record relay swim for longest fresh water relay in 2010. It has since been broken.
- Fastest female crossing from Anacapa Island to Mainland California
- Fastest female crossing of the Tsugaru Channel from Honshu to Hokkaido Japan
- Nominated for 2013 Woman Swimmer of the Year by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
- Nominated for 2013 Female Swim of the Year by the Marathon Swimmer Forum.