Kelly Hoffman, Marriage and Family Therapist, joined us today to educate parents on how to restore harmony to your home.
Sometimes parenting feels like one continuous battle, depending on the personalities involved. What works with one child may not ever work with another, and this can cause conflict and stress. Picking your battles with kids is a necessary part of being a parent, and knowing what to watch out for will help you be a more successful and happier family.
- Know yourself.
- Understand the situation.
- Recognize that not all battles are fought and won on the battlefield.
- When sounding the charge, do not retreat: do not back down!
- Listen for the sounds of surrender.
- After the battle, review the outcome.