Registered dietitian Connie Evers has just released the 4th edition of her book, How to Teach Nutrition to Kids. She joined us to share a few simple ways parents can keep their kids snacking in a healthy manner all summer long.
1. Set a healthy summertime schedule
- Skip the meal skipping. Make sure kids eat breakfast and have access to healthy snacks.
- Go for better beverage control
- Limit screen time and build in active play every day!
2. Get a garden going
- Start small
- Grow in containers
- Let kids have their own small garden patch
3. Involve kids in the kitchen
- Frozen Berry pops
- Cookie cutter melon slices
- Salad on a stick
- Peanut butter hummus
For the recipe, click here. For more great ideas for getting your kids to eat healthy, visit Connie's website.