Summer Free For All is Portland Parks & Recreation's wildly popular series of Free Summer Movies, Concerts, Swimming Lessons, supervised Playground Programs and Lunch Sites in Portland parks across the City. Jeff Milkes described some of the great events available for everyone to enjoy including 56 nights of free Movies in the Park, 57 free Concerts in the Park, eight straight days of the free Washington Park Summer Festival, and 48 sites for the Summer Lunch and Playground program. Last year PP&R served more than 110,000 free, healthy lunches to kids in our parks across the city. The Summer Lunch and Playground program is accompanied by sports, games, crafts and family activities, including our rock climbing wall.
Unique events this summer include:
- A special movie presentation of Frozen - the sing-along version! Kids and parents will LOVE this. August 22 at Laurelhurst Park
- Numerous foreign-language movies with English subtitles, including films in Czech, German, Spanish, and two movies in Russian - plus a film produced in South Africa.
- World-renowned performances at the Washington Park Summer Festival over eight straight days.
- A pirate party! See "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl"
July 19 at Laurelhurst Park. This event features a pirate band and other pirate fun. We encourage everyone to dress up in their best pirate costume!
- All Summer Free For All schedules are online, just click here.
- To better serve Portland's diverse communities, PP&R translated the Summer Free For All schedule into seven different languages this year: Spanish, simplified Chinese, Vietnamese, Russian, Somalian, Burmese and Nepalese. Foreign-language schedules are available online.