Wedding Planner Katie Zuniga joined to to share some money-saving, sanity-preserving advice for brides-to-be!
- Set a budget and stick with it. Decide if that budget includes alterations
- When you order a dress they take your measurements and order the size closest to your size. Very seldom does a dress not need alterations.
- - If you are considering buying a dress off the rack, have a seamstress check the fit and determine what alternations will be needed and how much they'll cost. Sometimes off the rack dresses get more expensive because of the need for extensive alterations.
- Bring the shoes you want to wear to the alterations appointment for proper length fitting.
How to pick your dress:
- Unless you absolutely hate something, try on all styles. A wedding dress is like no other piece of clothing you have ever worn. It never hurts to try something even if it is to just rule it out.
- Consider the time of year
- Consider the venue
- Consider the style of wedding
- What type, if any, veil do you plan to wear?
For more information on buying a gown or help with planning a wedding, visit Katie's website.