KATU MEDICAL ALERT: Tips on how to avoid migraines
Migraines can be delibitating, painful and stealing some of your precious personal and professional time away.
KATU reported on a few tips on how to help you prevent and avoid these horrendous headaches.
- According to health.com plunging blood sugar can trigger a migraine. Make sure you are eating on a regular basis; keep a snack pack of nuts, or dried fruits with you.
- Think about talking to your health care provider about adding a supplement to your daily routine. For example: Vitamin B2 or magnesium may help.
- Don't forget to exercise! Keep up with your cardio work out 3 days a week. Build up your routine gradually, doing too much too soon could set off a migraine.
- If you can, relax! Stress triggers migraines.
- Rethink your birth control; hormonal fluctuations can trigger the headaches or make them worse.
- And here's one for the husbands - the "headache excuse" - debunked! Endorphins released during a little "adult time" could actually help squelch migraine symptoms.
Good luck and feel better soon!