PORTLAND, Ore. - The 38 million gallons of Portland drinking water that the city said would be flushed after a teen urinated in it was moved to another reservoir instead, the Portland Water Bureau said Wednesday.
Portland Water Bureau spokeswoman Jaymee Cuti last week said that test samples of water taken from the reservoir came back clean.
Commissioner Nick Fish on Wednesday said the decision to move the water at Mount Tabor Reservoir to another reservoir that was drained in 2010 had nothing to do with the public backlash at the city's original decision to flush the water away.
"I would make the same decision today that I made then," said Fish, who is in charge of the water bureau. "This has nothing to do with (it). This is serendipity."
Fish said the water will continue to be monitored by the water bureau.
In 2011, the city drained a 7.5 million-gallon reservoir at Mount Tabor after a man urinated in the water supply.