Electrical malfunction led to warehouse fire in SE Portland

Courtesy Zeeevans via Instagram.png

Portland Fire and Rescue crews say an electrical malfunction is to blame for a large warehouse fire Monday afternoon.

Crews were called to the Portland Sandwich Company in the 1900 block of SE 10th Avenue just before 2 p.m.

Investigators found an electrical malfunction in the battery of a van parked inside the warehouse.

Representatives with Portland General and NW Natural Gas were on scene as well, working to disconnect utilities.

The fire was contained within about 1 hour. No one was injured.

Firefighters said there was an estimated $500,000 damage done to the building and its contents.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off