MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Fire dept: Do not plug space heaters into power strips

Photo: Umatilla County Fire District #1

As the weather gets colder and space heaters come out of the basement, a local fire department is asking you to remember a key tip.

The Umatilla County Fire District #1 wants to remind space heater users that you should never plug a heater into a power strip.

"These units are not designed to handle the high current flow needed for a space heater and can overheat or even catch fire due to the added energy flow," the department says in a Facebook post.


Trending