Fire forces patrons from NE Portland restaurant
PORTLAND, Ore. – Diners had to evacuate a Northeast Portland restaurant Saturday night after a fire broke out, Portland Fire & Rescue said.
The fire was reported about 10:30 p.m. at Ox Restaurant, located on NE MLK Jr. Boulevard near Sacramento Street.
Restaurant staff saw smoke and sparks and evacuated the building.
Fire crews arrived to find flames inside the restaurant's ventilation system.
Everyone got out safely and the fire never spread to the rest of the building.