Passerby notices house fire, helps occupants escape
VANCOUVER, Ore. – A man was injured in a house fire in Vancouver Wednesday morning.
Emergency personnel responded to the house fire on Northeast 101st Court near Mill Plain, just west of Interstate 205, around 6:15 a.m.
A witness told KATU News that someone driving by stopped after seeing smoke.
That person then entered the home and helped two people evacuate.
Fire officials say a man was taken to the hospital after breathing in too much smoke. He’s expected to recover.
The fire started in the back bedroom, but it’s not clear yet what sparked it.