Prepare for a traffic nightmare on Saturday
PORTLAND, Ore. —
We don't say this lightly -- if you plan on hitting the road Saturday in the downtown Portland area, pack your patience, it's going to be messy.
First of all, there are several events occurring throughout the day:
- The March for Science in downtown Portland will take place between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- The Portland Timbers face off against the Vancouver Whitecaps at 1 p.m. at Providence Park.
- The Portland Trail Blazers play the Golden State Warriors at the Moda Center at 7:30 p.m.
And now, for the road closures:
- Interstate 5 southbound between Marquam Bridge and North Broadway will close at midnight Friday night through as late as 4:30 a.m. Monday. Travelers will be diverted to I-405 southbound to get to I-5 south of downtown. A lane of I-5 southbound will be open to I84. The on-ramp to I-84 east from the Moda Center will be open for Blazers fans leaving the game. Two more full-weekend closures are on tap for Interstate 5 as crews repair the underside of the Burnside Bridge.
- The Morrison Bridge will be closed for the same time period.
Stay with KATU News throughout the weekend for the latest news, weather and traffic -- and make sure to follow us on Twitter.