Shamrock Run celebrates 40 years in Downtown Portland
PORTLAND, Ore. - 25,000 racers are racing through the streets of Downtown Portland for the annual Shamrock Run.
The race has been a St. Patrick's Day Weekend tradition for the last 40 years.
Runners take on four distances - ranging from a 5k course to a half-marathon.
There was also a shorter walking event and a Leprechaun Run for kids.
The race starts at waterfront park just south of Burnside, moves south just past SW Curry, and then loops back around to the finish at SW Yamhill.
Below is a list of road closures for drivers:
- Naito Parkway/Front Avenue, between NW Everett and NW 26th Avenue will be closed in both directions from 7:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Naito Parkway, from NW Davis to SW Jefferson, will be closed in both directions from 5:45 a.m. to 1:15 pm.
- SW Naito Parkway, from SW Columbia to SW Barbur Blvd, will be closed in both directions from 7:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- SW Barbur Blvd SOUTHBOUND only, from SW Sheridan to SW Hamilton, will be closed from 7:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- SW Barbur Blvd SOUTHBOUND only, from SW Hamilton to SW Parkhill, will be closed from 7:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- SW Capitol Highway from SW Barbur to SW Terwilliger will be closed in BOTH directions from 7:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- SW Terwilliger Boulevard, NORTHBOUND ONLY, from SW Capitol Highway to SW 6th Avenue, will be closed from 7:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
All downtown streets WEST of SW 1st Avenue will remain open all morning.
All bridges will remain open in both directions throughout the event. However, the ramp to Barbur Blvd at the west end of the Ross Island Bridge will be closed from 6:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.