Smoking in bed caused fire that claimed life of Sandy woman

SANDY, Ore. - Investigators determined on Monday that a cigarette in bed led to the fire that killed 51-year-old Connie Rodgers on Friday.

Crews arrived at a single-wide mobile home on Highway 211 on Friday afternoon after a 911 call from a neighbor who said there was somebody inside.

Firefighters went inside, found Rodgers unconscious in the back of the mobile home and were unable to revive her.

Investigators said the fire started on the headboard of a bed.