You know spring is here when Tulip Fest begins
WOODBURN, Ore. - It's time for the signature springtime event at Oregon's largest tulip farm, the Wooden Shoe in Woodburn.
The popular Tulip Fest runs March 29 through May 5 and according to co-owner Barb Iverson, the weather has been cooperating and the flowers are already showing their colors.
"If we have a spring like we've had so far, it'll be a busy season," she said.
Now of course every year, the Tulip Fest creates a bit of a traffic jam on Interstate 5 in the Woodburn area. Iverson's advice is to take a back road to get there and enjoy the scenery.
Iverson also told us that the best times to drop in to avoid a huge crowd are before 11 a.m. or after 4 p.m. (Tulip Fest runs from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily).
Admission is $10 per vehicle and cyclists can get in for $5. And don't forget to bring your camera.
This Year's Events at Tulip Fest
- March 30 - Easter egg hunt
- March 31 - Easter service
- April 6 - Tip Toe through the Fields (ukulele playing in the tulip fields)
- April 13 - Shutterbug photography class - register online
- April 17 & 18 - Pro Photo macro class - register online
- April 19 & 20 - Shutterbug photography class - register online
- April 20 - Puppy guide dog training
- April 27 & 28 - Wine Down (local wine, beer and chicken BBQ)