The author of "Plant Power Bowls", Sapana Chandra made an Autumn Harvest Power Bowl. Click here for more information about Sapana.
Autumn Harvest Bowl
with Ginger-Lime-Walnut Dressing
Makes 2 bowls
1. Prepare the butternut squash. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, toss the squash, avocado oil, cinnamon, and salt. Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast until they're tender, about 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven them from the oven and let them cool down.
2. Massage the kale with the olive oil for a couple minutes by hand, until it's tender and shiny.
3. Assemble each bowl with half of the squash, kale, lentils, and avocado. Drizzle with the dressing.
Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
Rinse and drain the walnuts. In a blender, combine the walnuts, water, oil, lime juice, ginger and salt. Blend on high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if desired.