Health & Fitness Enthusiast, Alisa Fairbanks made hearty breakfast taco egg muffins! Click here for more information about Alisa.
Breakfast Taco Egg Muffins
Loaded with veggies, spices and fresh herbs, these dairy-free breakfast taco egg muffins are a great grab-and-go breakfast!
Course: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Grain-free
Keyword: egg cups, egg muffins
- 6 eggs, preferably pasture-raised
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (keep some of the seeds if you want it spicier)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or other variety, chopped
- 1-1.5 cups arugula, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sliced avocado, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners (makes 10) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, cumin, chili powder, granulated garlic, oregano, paprika, sea salt and black pepper.
- Then, add the green onion, cilantro, jalapeño, tomato and arugula. Stir well to incorporate.
- Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full. Place in preheated oven and bake 30-35 minutes or until tops are firm and muffins are cooked through.
- Once done, cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin before removing. Then, muffins on cooling rack to cool further.